Welcome to PIT!
The Palompon Institute of Technology values the importance of protecting the privacy, safety and security of personal information and respects the rights of individuals to Data Privacy per Republic Act 10173 (Data Privacy Act of 2012). Thus, PIT is committed in handling the information responsibly. PIT will only collect, use, and disclose personal information with the applicants or if applicable, guardian's or parent's knowledge and consent.
College of Information
Upon application for admission, information is collected among the others:
- Directory information, like your name, permanent home address, birthday, sex, nationality, email address, messenger account, contact number and name, address and contact number of the person to contact is case of an emergency
- Personal information such as previous schools attended, documents e.g. Form 138/Transcript of Records, NSO/PSA Birth Certificate, Photograph, Certificate of Rating, etc.
- Information obtained through interviews and/or during admission examinations
Usage of Information
To the maximum extent allowed or required by law and with the consent of the owner of the personal information, PIT may use your information to pursue its legitimate objectives and interests as a higher education institute.
- To assess applications in the institute
- To gather and maintain records of students of the institute
- To process application for scholarships, grants, allowances, reports to benefactors, and other forms of financial assistance
- To generate data for statistical and research purposes
Storage of Information
All information and data are stored and transmitted securely in various paper and electronic formats. Access of information and data is limited only to authorized personnel and staff who have a legitimate interest in them for the purpose of carrying out their duties and functions.
Disposal of Information
All information of all applicants that were not accepted or did not enroll during admissions shall be kept for a period of 1 year from application period so as to allow applicants to enroll at a later time if they decided to do so. Upon the lapse of the one year period, paper documents shall be shredded for secure disposal. Electronic records shall be deleted securely as well.